So there's been tons of crunchy, tasty, fun science news lately, but very little time for me to post about it. Here are some highlights.
- Trachea transplant using recipient's stem cells means no tissue rejection.
- Diesel fuel growing in nature. You know kid, diesel doesn't grow on trees. Oh wait... yes it does!
- That woman in the red dress is hot, or at least the dress makes your brain think so.
- How bleach works to kill germs - it breaks down the proteins, just like heat.
- AIDS cure via bone marrow transplant from a genetically immune donor. This isn't a scalable model, but it's a fascinating experiment that can lead to new roads for research. And one guy - he got the magic get out of jail free card. Nearly two years later, there's no sign of HIV. Wow.