Almost there...

Monday, May 16, 2016

New Plan Report

So last week, I stuck to it all.

I logged every food and beverage I consumed. I ate no flour, no corn, no rice, no sugar and so on. I dialed in over the week and found it easier as I went along. I logged 50-100 grams of carbs per day and it was okay. The new Poke trend is my friend. Two nights of poke bowls were a delight. I tested three tools for tracking food: My Plate, Lose It, and My Fitness Pal. My Fitness Pal has a terrible web interface so after one try I was out of there. Lose it is good, and always puts your prior items at the top of type-ahead search list, so it's quick to enter each item, but you still have to enter each item. Like one cup of coffee for me is 8 ounces of brewed coffee, 8 ounces of brewed decaf coffee, and 1/2 cup of milk. I have to type all that up every single morning. On My Plate, it has a favorite meals feature where I made Morning Coffee. Now all I have to type is Mor and it offers Morning Coffee. It also has a breakdown of each line you enter so that you can easily spot sneaky carbs and tune accordingly. This is great for salad bar choices. However, My Plate doesn't talk to Fitbit and Lose It does, thus I have done double entry for a week to decide what I think is the best way to go. Hrmmm. The weirdest food thing all week was that I went to see Rent in downtown San Jose. I figured I'd grab something on the way, but timing was way too tight. So I waited and figured I'd grab something at intermission if it got dire. But... it didn't. I went home and had a cheese stick and a pack of almonds for dinner and I was fine. Huh. Perhaps this is the food plan that works for me.

I exercised every day. I felt my Monday class a lot on Tuesday and Wednesday, but I got on the elliptical for 30 minutes both days regardless. I took the elevator once because my thighs said, "Oh god. Not stairs. We can't do stairs." after that. I went to the same class on Thursday, but the instructor was out (she'd warned me) and the gym was overrun with dudes who she normally keeps away from the equipment during her classes. The dudes were deadlifting hundreds of pounds and I was supposed to lie down near there and do some stuff. There was not enough nope in the world. On Friday, I planned to make that up, but Wendy saw me checking out the lunch trucks and said, "Hey! You're free! Want to go over the hill with us?" So off I went over the Matadero Creek trail with Dave O'Gorman, his wife, his intern, and Wendy, and all was right in the world. On Saturday, I taught all day. On Saturday night, I told Athena it was time for her to go to bed. She said, "Why?" I said, "So that I can go to bed." She said, "Why?" I said, "Them's the rules kiddo. Your dad's been on duty all day, so we've got to get you to bed, and then mommy can sleep." She accepted that. I laid down at 8:30 and was lights out at 8:45 and gone by 9. And then I slept til 7 and felt AMAZING. We headed to Cordelia's birthday at Pump it Up and I bounced and climbed and slid myself senseless. That's officially the parent I want to be, so I need to get the sleep and the weight off to do it more.

And then I weighed myself. Those five pounds? Poof. Gone. Yeah, down five pounds in a week. Well that's hugely from my body adjusting to its new intake, and they'd probably pop right back the second I eat the old way. However, if I can retain even 1/4 of that loss week over week, then I'm calling this experiment a huge win. We'll see.


Post a Comment

<< Home